This printing activity is a great way to capture the fun and colour of fireworks in your own home!
We love finding new shaving foam activities, because shaving cream crafts and sensory shaving cream play are always a big hit in our home.
Even better when we can tie it in with one of our favourite times of year! We always look for Bonfire Night activity ideas and crafts that are safe, creative and can be easily done at home.
This shaving cream sensory activity ticks all of those boxes – but it works just as well at any other time of year.
Kids’ shaving cream activities like this one are great for fine motor skills and exploring textures, but they are also perfect for exploring STEM and STEAM principles like properties of different materials, colour theory including colour mixing, and absorption.
Pssst! If your kids like fun STEM and STEAM activities that you can easily do at home, check out our free eBook – you can grab it here (yes, free!).
For this fireworks-themed shaving cream fun you will need:
Food dye or paints
Ruler or small but thick piece of cardboard
Paper or card
Here’s how to set up this shaving cream sensory play and print your own fireworks art!
1. Fill a bowl with a shallow layer of shaving foam. Use the ruler or thick card to even out the surface a bit.
2. Add drops of food dye or paint and use toothpicks to drag the colour and create the firework shapes.
3. Once you’re happy with the fireworks you’ve created, gently place a piece of paper or card on top.
4. Tap the card/paper gently all over and leave it a few minutes to absorb the colour.
5. Carefully remove the card/paper and use a ruler or thick piece of card and paper towels to gently scrape off the excess foam. You will now have a fireworks print! Leave to dry.
We hope your kids have lots of fun with this shaving cream paint craft!
We regularly share ideas like crafts to do with shaving cream and other fun STEM activities!
Make sure you join our club for more activity ideas like this one, and you’ll get a copy of our free eBook with 21 easy and fun activity ideas too!
If you like fun and educational kids activities with a sensory play element, you might like our DIY moon sand recipe.
Thank you to I can Teach my Child for this fun activity idea!
Need low-cost, fun activity ideas?
Access the SUPA STEM Resource Vault featuring a growing library of fun activities, printables, and resources… completely free!