55 STEM Home Learning Activities & STEM Challenges for Kids
We love finding new STEM projects for kids and sharing them with our SUPA STEM community. It’s the best feeling when you discover a new activity that is both fun for your kids and easy for you to organise.
So we are excited to share over 50 easy STEM challenges for kids from some of our favourite educators from around the world!
We’ve organised these STEM and STEAM ideas into categories to make it easier for you to take a look through them all.
Check out our full list of 55 easy STEM activities and project ideas! Which one will you try first?
Space-themed activities for exploring STEM at home
These are some of our favourite ideas for STEM activities at home. Our kids love STEM activities that are space-themed, and us adults are pretty keen on them too!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations | 123Homeschool4me
- Fizzy Moon Rocks | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Bottle Rockets | STEAM Powered Family
- Squeezy Rockets | Rainy Day Mum
- Straw Rockets | Buggy And Buddy
- Flying Saucers | One Time Through
- Balloon Rockets | Happy Brown House
- Moon Sand
Water-based STEM ideas for kids
It’s always handy to have some STEM at home activities to turn to whether it’s sunny outside or not! These water-based projects and challenges are suitable for a wide age range.
10. Bottle Water Fountain
11. Water Whistles | My Baba
12. Frozen Dino Eggs
13. Glittery Underwater Volcano | Living Well Mom
14. Water Cycle In A Bag | Team Cartwright
15. Travelling Water | Rookie Parenting
16. Salt Water Density Experiment | Science Kiddo
17. Pencils Through A Bag Magic Trick | Fun With Mama
Sensory at home STEM activities
18. DIY Play Mud
19. Chia Seed Slime
20. Edible Marshmallow Playdough | Team Cartwright
21. Creation Station Sensory Bin | Busy Toddler
22. Waves In A Bottle | JDaniel4’s Mom
23. Fizzy Ice Cube Experiment | The Play-Based Mom
24. Fizzing Colours | Happy Hooligans
25. Cloud Dough | Messy Little Monsters
26. Magic Milk | Fun Learning For Kids
27. Tornado In A Bottle | Mombrite
Human body STEM science projects
We have to admit that some of these STEM activities with household items do creep us out just a little bit (that stomach digestion model for a start…) but they are an awesome way to engage kids with the science of the human body.
31. Making A Brain Hat | My Joy-Filled Life
32. Beat The Clock | Primary Theme Park
33. Depth Perception Test | Gift Of Curiosity
34. Paper Bag Lungs | Living Life And Learning
35. Homemade ‘Blood’ | Runde’s Room
Fun STEM activities for practising maths
If you’ve got kids in your family who aren’t too keen on maths, try engaging them with one of these maths-based activities that are great at home STEM projects for younger children who are building their confidence with basic maths skills.
40. Muffin Tray Counting | Teaching Second Grade
Rainbow-themed STEM experiments for kids
Make your STEM home learning fun and colourful with these engaging rainbow-coloured activities.
41. Rainbow Candy Challenge | The Inspiration Edit
42. Growing A Rainbow | Mombrite
43. Baby Wipe Tie Dye
44. Walking Rainbow
45. Spinning Tops | Creative Family Fun
46. Rainbow Crystal Growing | Rookie Parenting
47. Rainbow Cabbage Experiment | Growing A Jeweled Rose
Engineering STEM activities to do at home
These simple STEM activities can be set up pretty easily and are great for parties too.
48. Shaving Cream Blocks | Busy Toddler
49. Pom Pom Ramps | Busy Toddler
50. Sink The Egg Challenge | Happy Toddler Playtime
51. Playdough Marble Maze
52. Cardboard Pom Pom Run
53. Popsicle Stick Bridge | Mommy Evolution
54. DIY Wrecking Ball | Raising Lifelong Learners
55. Balancing Structures | Gift Of Curiosity
Thanks for checking out our list of 55 cool STEM projects. We hope you’ve found it really helpful.
Need more ideas? Grab your copy of our popular activity ideas eBook ‘Fun at Home with SUPA STEM’ here – just enter your email address and we’ll send it over to you straight away!
Need low-cost, fun activity ideas?
Access the SUPA STEM Resource Vault featuring a growing library of fun activities, printables, and resources… completely free!