Sunflowers are such cheerful flowers! Its yellow color and big size make it hard to miss.
No wonder they are one of the most popular flowers in the world.
They instantly brighten up any room or space. And what’s even better is that you can easily craft your own sunflower decorations using our free printable templates!
But before that, here are some facts we’d like to share about sunflowers:
- Sunflower seeds are found in the center of the flower, called the ovary. One flower can hold up to 2,000 seeds.
- Sunflowers are native to North and Central America. But they are available in many parts of the world during certain seasons. Here in the UK, it usually grows between the end of July to September!
- There are over 60 varieties of sunflowers. They come in different colors like yellow, orange, brown, and even red.
- The tallest sunflower ever recorded was over 30 feet tall!
Now that you know a little bit more about sunflowers, let’s move on to the free printable sunflower templates.
Who is this sunflower activity sheet suitable for?
The sunflower template is suitable for everyone who wants to create sunflower craft projects. This includes children who love coloring, or want to make a sunflower as a decoration, as well as adults who are looking for sunflower illustrations or patterns to use in their own craft projects.
What’s inside the sunflower printable template?
There’s a lot you can find inside this free template including:
- Illustration of the different parts (seeds, petals, leaves, and stems)
- Potted and unpotted sunflowers
- Small sunflower template
- Large sunflower template
- Colored sunflower illustrations
- Black and white drawings and stencils
Are you ready to start crafting with this cheerful flower? See below for instructions on how you can download your template.
How to download the free sunflower printables?
This template comes with high-resolution images in both colored and black & white for easy printing. Plus, it’s totally free to download and use.
All you have to do is enter your email into the form below. Once done, you’ll receive a link to our super secret vault where you can download the sunflower template in PDF format.
When you sign up to receive this template, you’ll also get access to our other free printables. So if you like this activity, make sure to check out the rest of our collection!
It’s a growing collection of 100% free resources for kids and their families, that includes worksheets, activity packs, coloring books, activity books, and more.
What are the materials needed to make sunflower crafts?
There are lots of crafts you can make from these free printables. Some of the basic materials you’ll need, aside from the printed activity sheets, to create sunflower crafts may include:
- Glue stick or tape
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, or paint
- Fabric or construction paper (optional)
- String or yarn (optional)
What can you do with the free printable sunflower templates?
There are so many things that you can make with these printables. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use sunflower printables as coloring paper sheets.
- Decorate a room or space by hanging sunflowers from the ceiling or walls. You can also make a flower mobile by suspending sunflowers from the ceiling.
- Use the different sizes of the sunflower as a stencil to trace and cut sunflower shapes.
- Make a sunflower garland by stringing together sunflower shapes.
- Layer sunflower shapes using glue and create a tissue paper collage.
- Decorate bulletin boards or even your bullet journal with yellow sunflowers or petals.
- Use as a teaching material to discuss about sunflower and its parts
- Use the sunflowers for a painting activity.
- Create DIY sunflowers by putting together the different parts.
- Paint the sunflower templates in watercolor, oil pastel, or any other painting medium.
This is just the start! We’re sure you can think of lots of other ways to use the printable sunflower. Have fun crafting with our free sunflower template!
What are the benefits of using these free printable sunflower templates?
There are many benefits of using this template. Here are some of them:
- It’s free! You don’t have to spend any money to use our sunflower templates.
- It’s easy! All you need is a printer to print the activity sheets and some scissors so you can start doing some basic crafts.
- It’s educational! This template can be used to teach kids the different parts of a sunflower and familiarize them with the yellow, brown, and green colors.
- It’s versatile! You can use the sunflower templates to make a wide variety of sunflower crafts.
- It’s fun! Crafting with sunflower templates is a great way to spend some quality time with your kids or friends. And when you’re done, you’ll have some beautiful crafts to show for it!
We hope you’ll find it worthwhile to use this free printable template!
Looking for more free printable templates?
No need to search any further! We have a whole collection of free printable templates for you to choose from. Simply enter your email in the form below to see all freebies.
Here are some of our other popular templates in pdf format:
- Moon Phases Activity Pack
- Water Cycle Learning Activity Pack
- Leaf Template Printable Pack
- Circle Coloring Pages
- And more!
You’re sure to find something that your kid will love! Download and save as much as you like and get your hands on the free printable templates today!
Need low-cost, fun activity ideas?
Access the SUPA STEM Resource Vault featuring a growing library of fun activities, printables, and resources… completely free!